The Snapshot Reports are an analysis of the dataset underlying the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) LED Lighting Facts Product List. These reports are designed to help retailers, distributors, designers, utilities, energy efficiency program sponsors, and other industry stakeholders understand the current state of the LED lighting market and its trajectory.
The U.S. Department of Energy's CALiPER program has released a new Snapshot report on outdoor area lighting that covers area/roadway luminaires, parking garage luminaires, and canopy luminaires. Outdoor area lighting is a major contributor to nationwide energy use, and the market segment has been an important player in the transition to solid-state lighting.
LED outdoor area lighting has been a substantial component of the LED Lighting Facts® database since its inception, consistently being one of the categories with the most products. As of August 29, 2016, area/roadway products alone comprised 15% of the database, with the other two product categories featured in the report comprising approximately 4%.
Among other Snapshot highlights:
- LED outdoor area lighting products are available in a wide range of output and color characteristics, allowing the specifier to match the needs of the project.
- At any given output level up to the equivalent of 1,000 W high-pressure sodium (about 100,000 lm delivered), LED products are available with substantially higher efficacy.
- There is a wide range in efficacy among LED outdoor area lighting products at any given CCT.
- December 2016 Snapshot: Troffers
- August 2016 Snapshot: Outdoor Area Lighting
- June 2016 Snapshot: TLEDs
- April 2016 Snapshot: Downlights
- January 2016 Snapshot: MR16 Lamps
- July 2014 Snapshot: Outdoor Area Luminaires
- April 2014 Product Snapshot: Indoor LED Luminaires
- January 2014 Product Snapshot: MR16 Lamps
- October 2013 Product Snapshot: A Lamps
- July 2013 Product Snapshot: Outdoor Area Lighting
- April 2013 Product Snapshot: Indoor Ambient Lighting
- July 2012 Product Snapshot: LED Replacement Lamps
- December 2011 Snapshot: LED Luminaires
- May 2011 Snapshot: LED Replacement Lamps