On May 2, LED Lighting Facts began accepting new submissions of LED lighting products, now offered as a service by D+R International, the implementer of the program since its inception. The simple “truth-in-advertising” labeling program provides consumers with the assurance that the performance of their LED lighting products has been independently verified and that they have an online tool to compare LED lighting products and manufacturers.
Starting in May
- Lamps are back, the LED Lighting Facts Program(LLFP) will again accept the submission of LED replacement lamps after not accepting them since August 2016. Types of lamps that will be accepted include: linear replacement lamps, mogul screw base products, and pin based products.
- Categories will be updated to more closely match how products are marketed. If you have suggestions for updates/additions to the product sub categories, please send us an email at email@example.com
- All products that are currently listed in the database, including products that will be added in May, will be considered “Legacy Products,” and access to the labels will be maintained, as well as the listings will be publicly available until November, 2018. At that point, if Legacy Products are not claimed by a manufacturer for continued listing, they will be archived and there will no longer be access to the Label.
Starting June 12th
- We will only accept test reports from labs that are active on the new Approved Labs List. To be added to this new list, labs must sign up for the program and pay an annual fee of $900. The nominal subscription fee will cover the program costs to validate testing lab facility accreditation credentials and maintenance of the Approved Lab List.
- On June 12th, labs will be able to register, submit their current accreditation documentation, and pay the annual fee from their existing online account with LED Lighting Facts.
- Products submitted between June 12th and June 20th will not be counted towards the manufacturer subscription pricing level (see below) but will still need to be tested at an Approved Lab that is active on the list.
- Please refer to our Approved Labs Troubleshooting Guide for more information on this process.
Starting June 20th
- We are cutting down review times for submissions! From June 20th on, we will do our absolute best to review all product submissions within 5 business days.
- Manufacturers who want to continue listing new products and access labels will need to do so via a listing maintenance subscription fee with graduating pricing levels and monthly or annual pre-payment options. The product listing maintenance subscriptions are based on the cumulative number of products that are added to a manufacturer’s account over time.
- Monthly subscribers who sign up in June will not be invoiced until August 1, based on the number of approved products listed at the end of July. Example: Manufacturer XYX signs up for Level 1 (1-200 products @ $295/month) on June 18, and by July 31, 25 products have been approved for listing on the LED Lighting Facts database. The first invoice for the monthly $295 payment will be due on August 1.
- Pre-Pay subscribers: manufacturers who chose to Pre-Pay will have twelve months of product submissions for the price of 11 months, with a savings of one month. Example: Manufacturer XYZ signs up for Level 1 (1-200 products) and pays an annual fee of $3,245 for a savings of $295.
For manufacturers who choose to upgrade to the next tier of products, for example 1-200 products to 201-500 products, the invoice will be prorated to upgrade the product level. Example: If a manufacturer decides to move into the next tier half way through the year, the normal invoice would be $2,200 but because the manufacturer is only in this tier for half the year, the cost to increase the product level would only be $1,100!
|Pricing Levels (Products)||Pay-as-you-go/Monthly||Pre-Pay Annual||Pre-Pay Savings||Pre-Pay Annual product listing cost|
|1-200||$295||$3,245||$295||As low as $16.23|
|201-500||$495||$5,445||$495||As low as $10.89|
|501-1000||$695||$7,645||$695||As low as $7.65|