The Snapshot Reports are an analysis of the dataset underlying the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) LED Lighting Facts Product List. These reports are designed to help retailers, distributors, designers, utilities, energy efficiency program sponsors, and other industry stakeholders understand the current state of the LED lighting market and its trajectory.
Outdoor area lighting is a major contributor to nationwide energy use, and the market segment has been an important player in the transition to solid-state lighting. This Snapshot Report reflects the LED Lighting Facts database as of July 1, 2013, when LED outdoor area products comprised approximately 18% of the list. This report focuses on outdoor area/roadway luminaires, parking garage luminaires, and canopy luminaires (e.g., those used for gas station fuel pump areas), but also includes overall trends for all of the products listed by LED Lighting Facts.
Although the aforementioned products are grouped together in this report as “outdoor area lighting” luminaires, they include products that are used in applications that are not strictly outdoors (e.g., parking garages).
- March 2017 Snapshot: Industrial Luminaires
- December 2016 Snapshot: Troffers
- August 2016 Snapshot: Outdoor Area Lighting
- June 2016 Snapshot: TLEDs
- April 2016 Snapshot: Downlights
- January 2016 Snapshot: MR16 Lamps
- July 2014 Snapshot: Outdoor Area Luminaires
- April 2014 Product Snapshot: Indoor LED Luminaires
- January 2014 Product Snapshot: MR16 Lamps
- October 2013 Product Snapshot: A Lamps
- July 2013 Product Snapshot: Outdoor Area Lighting
- April 2013 Product Snapshot: Indoor Ambient Lighting
- July 2012 Product Snapshot: LED Replacement Lamps
- December 2011 Snapshot: LED Luminaires
- May 2011 Snapshot: LED Replacement Lamps